Yahoo Mail is a free online webmail service, and like any other email service, it is also not free of errors.
Sometimes, while accessing or sending emails, users often face Yahoo Mail Not Working Issue that might create problems working with Yahoo. It is one of the common problems faced by users.
The sign-in page is often the source of complaints, but this isn’t necessarily due to forgotten passwords. However, users also complain about emails not installing material and attachments or being extremely sluggish.
Continue the blog to know the methods to resolve the issue. Before that, let’s have a brief knowledge of the issues.
Possible Reasons Behind Yahoo Email Not Working
Several factors may cause Yahoo Mail to go down, depending on what exactly the problem is. However, the following are the primary causes:
- Account issues could be there.
- Data like history, downloads, bookmarks, and temporary internet files that you’ve saved in your browser can also be the reason why Yahoo mail not working in a proper manner.
- Problems with your internet connectivity.
- Check if your OS is not up to date and if any compatibility issues are there.
- Cookies, caches, and saved data can also be the causes of the problem.
- Using an older version of the Yahoo app or if it isn’t up-to-date.
- If the user itself has created the issue working with it.
- A server setting error has occurred.
These could be the root causes why your Yahoo mail is not working. Now the question arises: How to deal with the Yahoo Mail Not Working issue?
Solutions to Resolve the Common Issues in Yahoo Mail
To fix the common issues that occur in Yahoo mail, you can try out the following solutions mentioned below:
- Disable your ad blocking software from the web browser because this can harm the performance and functionality of emails.
- Update the browser or change the settings.
- If Yahoo mail not working in Chrome, follow up the below steps to resolve it.
- Open Chrome on your system.
- Select More, then Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Restore Settings under the Reset Settings tab.
- If you are working on Mozilla Firefox: You can update or reinstall your browser. If that also does not work, clear all the saved data in your browser like a bookmark, history, downloads, etc.
- Change your internet network if the current connection is creating problems.
- If you can not sign in to your account or are having trouble with your password, try modifying it or creating a new one.
- Enable alert settings to your Yahoo account such as Spam alerts, Apply-to alerts, Phishing alerts, and Mail Forwarding alerts in your Yahoo account.
- It will notify you if your account is in danger of being hacked or in case you have sent it suspecting of being spam.
- Examine your computer for any malware blocking the ports we use: firewalls, antivirus apps, and network protocols may block the ports.
- The app will not be able to connect to our servers if any of the ports are blocked. To learn how to search for and unblock ports, contact your Internet Service Provider or the maker of your security program.
- Having trouble receiving the email is one of the main causes of Yahoo mail not working:
- Look in your spam folder: Check your spam folder to see if the email you were expecting is found there by mistake.
- Take a look at your Yahoo email filters: Yahoo Mail has a feature that allows you to filter messages automatically. It is indeed a great feature, but sometimes a filter you set up can catch emails you did not want to.
- Keep an eye out for a Reply-to address: Yahoo Mail has a feature that allows you to choose a different email address for your recipients to respond. Even if you sent them from that account, their answers would not go to your Yahoo inbox in that case. Make sure that all of your messages are going where you want them to go.
- Check once by sending an email to yourself. In that case, if there’s a problem with the platform, you could get a message with a particular error code that you can look up to figure out what’s wrong.
- If some of your Yahoo account’s emails aren’t showing up: Send a restore request if any of your emails have been deleted or gone missing in the last seven days and let the Yahoo service provider do their work to retrieve your lost message.
- Keep in mind the following:
- You cannot cancel the Restore request.
- Restorations don’t always work out.
- If messages were lost or removed within the last seven days, they would not be stored again, regardless of where you have sent them.
While performing the above solution methods, keep in mind that you have all the backup of your data. So that even if you lose some data in the process, you have the backup of the same.
And, for that, you can opt for Cigati Yahoo Email Backup Tool, which allows you to save all your Yahoo emails in various file formats like PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, etc.
And by using this utility, you can even export your Yahoo email to any other email services if Yahoo is still troubling you.
Yahoo, like every other email service, is not without flaws. As we have discussed, some of the main reasons for Yahoo mail not working are above. To solve the problem, you can try the solutions we discussed above.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you found this useful. We will continue to provide you with similar solutions in the future.